I was over on Mallory's blog and saw that she shared some things that you may not have known about her and I thought I'd do the same! If you decide to share on your blog, leave a link in the comments so I can get in on your secrets!
- In high school I was quite the character. I was in the drama club, I ran track, played volleyball, cheered my senior year, and even won homecoming queen. But I think the thing I'm most proud of (and catches most people off guard) is that I (along with one of my friends) was my high schools mascot! GO EAGLES!
- I think it's obvious I love to travel. But what you might not know is that I've probably been to more other countries than I have other states in the US. I've been to the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, China, Korea, Belgium, London, Canada, and a few other places.
- I love sweets and candy, but cherry blow pops are the way to my heart. They will always be my favorite.
- We all know that I am a thrift-a-holic but somewhere along my thrifting journey I developed a deep love for men's ties. Like, an obsession. I have 30+.
- If you would have told me the day I moved into Metro in Atlanta (the dorms for the Art Institute of Atlanta) that this girl and I would be best friends I would have told you you were crazy. If you told me that her future kid would be my god daughter I would have checked you in myself to the psych ward. Yet, here we are like 4 years later and I love that girl more than anything and she and my little Jaira baby are two of the lights of my life.
- An old wish: I used to want to be an Orthodontist. It was my dream since I was in kindergarten. Literally. Until I was a biology major in school. I decided it wasn't the thing for me. I wonder what wish will come true in its place?
- I am a collector of art. I love it. Doesn't matter if it's big or small. It can be from a huge artist or a not very well known one. I just love having something that someone put so much love into.
- I took pole dancing classes for 2 years straight. There isn't anything more that I miss doing. Being a poler gave me so much confidence and really changed how I felt about myself and carried myself. I definitely recommend that every lady take at least one class in her life.
- If you follow me on twitter you get some of my random testimonies and worship sessions but I don't really share too much here. My relationship with God has been growing and I have no idea how I would be where I am without him.
- I went natural before it was cool. I don't have any other reason for transitioning other than I was lazy and wore braids all the time so it just made since to do. I will never get a relaxer again in my life. (& I have that shirt on today!)
Some of my closest friends probably knew all of these but I hope some of the newer Cakers enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!
Ps. All of these images are via my instagram. Follow me @KiaRene!